At True Life Center in San Diego, California, psychological treatment forms the core of our comprehensive approach to addiction treatment. Mental health treatment such as behavioral therapy can help you address any underlying mental health conditions that may be at the root of, or contributing to, drug and alcohol abuse.
Types of Psychological Treatment
When it comes to popular psychological treatments, a variety of modalities can be used to improve recovery prospects, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – CBT teaches individuals how to recognize thoughts, moods, and situations that could trigger cravings or deepen depression and anxiety. A licensed professional can guide patients toward acceptance, positive change, and healthy coping strategies.
- Neurobiological Integration Approach – True Life Center offers a unique approach based on the science of your mind and body to holistically treat mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and PTSD.
- Motivational interviewing – This client-centered approach helps patients resolve negative feelings in a non-judgmental and collaborative way. Motivational interviewing helps you identify your internal motivation and can leave patients feeling empowered and reflective.
- Motivational enhancement therapy – MET can help patients make positive change quickly and efficiently through raising awareness of the problem and instilling confidence in the patient that transformation is possible.
- Contingency management – Contingency management involves a structured series of sobriety checks, wherein patients are rewarded at certain milestones.
True Life Center’s Mental Health Treatment Center
Our mental health treatment center integrates a range of traditional psychological therapies such as those listed above, as well as holistic approaches including:
- Acupuncture to treat pain, anxiety, depression, and other conditions.
- Art therapy to express and release trauma nonverbally.
- Mindfulness meditation to master mental and emotional regulation.
- Nutrition and fitness to restore your body and achieve mental clarity.
Using holistic psychological treatment and behavioral therapy approaches, our licensed therapists help you make the connection between your mind and your body. You can begin a comprehensive healing process. Subsequently, this approach puts you in the driver’s seat and enables you to take an active role in your recovery.
Psychological Treatment for Substance Use Disorders
Unresolved trauma, anxiety, and depression cause many people to turn to alcohol or other substances to cope. Additionally, substance abuse may mirror and complicate symptoms of mental conditions.
Psychological treatment such as behavioral therapy and mental health treatment can help you replace negative behaviors with healthy coping mechanisms. With professional help, you can face the vicious cycles of addiction, denial, and harm. Our trained and licensed professionals empower you to take stock of your decisions and develop a plan for positive change. This can help you regain control of your choices so that you can make better ones in the future.
Benefits of Psychological Treatment
The benefits of psychological treatment include:
- Replacing negative behaviors – Through cognitive behavioral therapy, you can learn to replace negative thought patterns with a more positive approach. Your therapist will help you understand the cycle of intrusive and compulsive behaviors that can lead to or exacerbate mental health conditions.
- Taking responsibility – Through substance abuse treatment, individuals can address negative behaviors and take ownership over their decisions and their recovery.
- Identify personal triggers – Through mental health treatments, patients can learn to identify triggers and avoid them. By replacing problematic behavior with healthy choices, patients learn to resist the habits, cravings, and thought patterns that put them in harm’s way.
- Cultivating healthy habits – Through nutritional therapy, fitness instruction, and restorative bodywork you can begin to develop healthy habits and experience relief of symptoms.
Receive Psychological Treatment for Substance Abuse in San Diego, California
At True Life Center in San Diego, California, we can help you or your loved one take proactive steps to achieve improved mental and physical health. Under the guidance of licensed psychiatrists and psychologists, we offer comprehensive mental health treatment for all types of mental health conditions, as well as drug and alcohol addiction. Contact us today by calling 866.420.1792 or completing our secure online form to learn more about our services.
TLC’s Neurobiological Integration Approach
Our team understands the complexities of mental health, and we can help you or your loved one explore a customized healing path. At True Life Center, our dedicated professionals are committed to working with patients on discovering their true selves and living their best lives.
Our unique Neurobiological Integration Approach aims to identify the root cause of illness and gets results by using the synergistic combination of:
- Individual psychotherapy with DBT, CBT, EMDR and/or psychodynamic approach
- Expert psychiatric treatment
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices
- Yoga therapy
- Body healing with Qi Gong
Reaping the Benefits Of Finding Mental Health Treatment In San Diego California
True Life Center is committed to helping individuals find and express their authentic self. When suffering is deep and enduring, understanding the path forward brings comfort and hope. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive map for long-term recovery and optimal health. We listen carefully to you and your loved ones to understand and collaborate in the creation of your True Life recovery plan. Finding the right treatment for your mental health may seem challenging right now, but we are here to help.
Find the Support You Need and Deserve at True Life Center
True Life Center in San Diego, California, is dedicated to helping you. Our comprehensive mental health treatment program provides anxiety treatment, along with treatment for depression, trauma, addiction and more. No matter what you’re facing, our team is here to help. To learn more, call 866.420.1792 or reach out to us online.