The thought of entering an alcohol addiction treatment program, especially for the first time, can seem overwhelming. This is especially true if you don’t know anyone who has participated in a similar program, and you are unsure where to begin or what to expect.
At True Life Center, we want our patients to feel comfortable and clear about the journey ahead for those in our alcohol addiction treatment program. Our expert team is here to ease any fears you may have and to take the mystery out of attending an alcohol rehab program through our transparency.
Entering an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
When you first enter an alcohol addiction treatment program, you will undergo a thorough evaluation. As a part of this assessment, our clinical staff will:
- Gain an understanding of your complete medical history, including your family history and history of alcohol use
- Review your symptoms and behavior against diagnostic tools that may point us toward underlying mental health conditions
- Identify which therapeutic approaches may be the most beneficial to you and begin designing your customized treatment program
The cutting-edge neurobiological integration approach that we have pioneered at True Life Center necessitates an evaluation of both mind and body. Once the evaluation is complete, you and the staff will better understand which path your recovery must take.
What to Expect Once You Have Entered Our Alcohol Addiction Treatment Program
In our outpatient alcohol addiction treatment program, we offer two main levels of care. These are:
- Partial hospitalization — In the partial hospitalization program at True Life Center, we offer a program that is as comprehensive as a residential treatment program but without on-site boarding requirements. Patients in the PHP receive up to 20 hours of treatment per week, and as is the case in all of our programs, each treatment plan is tailored to the patient’s individual needs.
- Intensive outpatient — Our intensive outpatient program gives patients the freedom and flexibility to attend work or school and to fulfill their social and familial obligations while receiving the same level of customized care the team at True Life Center is known for. The IOP is ideal for patients who continue to need a high level of support and accountability, but who will also benefit from putting the lessons they are learning into practice in the real world.
Not every level of care is right for every patient. However, in the alcohol addiction treatment program at True Life Center, we ensure each of our patients receive individualized care that provides the tools needed to achieve long-term recovery goals.
Life After Alcohol Addiction Treatment
The end of your time in an alcohol addiction treatment program does not equal the end of your journey to recovery. Recovery is a lifelong process, and as such, you will likely need continued support and counseling. Over time, counseling may become less necessary, but avoiding relapse will always be a focus, and many of the wellness practices you will have learned at True Life Center will sustain you as you navigate everyday life.
Having a plan in place, goals in mind, and a toolbox of coping strategies to follow upon leaving an alcohol addiction treatment center is crucial for continued success. That is why our team at True Life Center is committed to working with you to develop an aftercare plan. With the help of the support network and skills that you have developed at True Life Center, you can feel confident about life after treatment.
TLC’s Neurobiological Integration Approach
True Life Team understands alcohol use disorder and how to find the root etiology, and we can help you or your loved one explore a healing path that’s custom-designed for you. At True Life Center, our dedicated staff is drawn to working with people on finding and freeing their true selves to live their best lives. Our unique Neurobiological Integration Approach aims to identify the root cause of illness and gets results by using the synergistic combination of:
- Individual psychotherapy with DBT, CBT, EMDR and/or psychodynamic approach
- Expert psychiatric treatment
- Mindfulness and self-compassion practices
- Yoga therapy
- Body healing with Qi Gong
Reaping the Benefits of Finding Mental Health Treatment in San Diego, California
True Life Center is committed to helping individuals find and express their authentic selves. When suffering is deep and enduring, understanding the path forward brings comfort and hope. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive map for long-term recovery and optimal health. We listen carefully to you and your loved ones to understand and co-collaborate in the creation of your True Life Recovery Plan. Finding treatment for mental illness may seem challenging right now, but it’s only a phone call away. Five minutes can give you the key to years of stability and contentment. Give us a ring to start your journey to healing today.
Learn More at True Life Center Today
Here at True Life Center, we utilize a Neurobiological Integration approach to treatment that honors the mind-body connection in healing from alcohol use disorder and addiction. Reach out to us online today or call us at 866.420.1792 to learn more.