New York is the most populous state in the country, and it is home to one of the world’s biggest cities. The areas outside New York City are overflowing with natural and cultural resources, including over 20 national parks, some of the world’s most prestigious universities, and countless historical landmarks. Along with the many resources and diverse population, New York also has some of the same issues as other places in the United States. According to the New York State Department of Health, nearly two million citizens have a substance use issue.1 People who seek treatment in New York have many options to choose from, and one such option is a partial hospitalization program center.
Many people are familiar with the traditional inpatient or residential rehab program, but a partial hospitalization program in New York can also help patients recover. Knowing how a New York partial hospitalization program benefits patients can help you make the best possible choice when it comes to recovery care for you or your loved one. Contact True Life Center at 866.420.1792 to learn about the benefits of a New York PHP or to learn more about our partial hospitalization program center in San Diego.
What Is a Partial Hospitalization Program?
Partial hospitalization programs, or PHPs, are a type of recovery care that, like a residential program, includes intensive counseling along with medical supervision. Patients attend the program several days a week, usually for most of the day. However, unlike a residential program, patients do not sleep at the treatment center. They return to their own homes each night.
Learning about the benefits of a New York PHP can help you decide what type of care is right for you or your loved one.
5 Major Benefits of a New York PHP
Even though a partial hospitalization program might not be the best option for every person, for many people, this type of program can help them get into recovery without requiring them to be away from home. Here are the top 5 benefits of a partial hospitalization program in New York:
1. A PHP can allow a patient to get the treatment they need while also allowing them to stay connected with family and loved ones at home.
2. PHPs offer intensive therapy, medical supervision, and a chance to develop a strong support system in a recovery-focused environment.
3. For residents of New York, attending a treatment program close to home can ensure that family and loved ones can become part of the support system.
4. For those who do not already reside in New York, attending a treatment program there can put you in a new environment full of possibilities and take you farther from people, places, and circumstances that may tempt you to return to using.
5. Attending a PHP can also help those who cannot easily leave family, work, or school obligations but still need to access treatment for substance use and addiction.
Who Is a Good Candidate for a Partial Hospitalization Program?
There are many types of treatment programs to help those living with a substance use disorder, but not every program is best for every patient. A patient that has the following qualities could be a good candidate for participation in a partial hospitalization program:
- Has a stable, supportive home environment
- Demonstrates a readiness to work hard in recovery
- Is able to travel to and from the treatment center without obstacles
- Understands and is willing to adhere to program guidelines and requirements
- Possibly transitioning from a detox or residential treatment program and wishes to continue care
True Life Center Can Help With Partial Hospitalization Programs for Addiction
At True Life Center, we believe that each patient should be able to access the care they need in a way that works for their specific needs. Our staff of highly trained clinicians works with each patient individually to develop a treatment plan. If you or someone you care about has been struggling with addiction, reach out to us today at 866.420.1792 to learn more about the benefits of a New York PHP.