Finding the proper treatment for mental health conditions can be difficult. There are many different types of therapy, medications, and other methods to consider, but how can you discover which combination of treatments will work best? An innovative and unique approach to mental health treatment is neurobiological integration (NBI), which is based on the idea that the mind and body are inextricably linked and, in order to achieve healing, both must be considered in treatment. Only one place uses the approach of neurobiological integration in California: True Life Center in San Diego. If you have been searching for a treatment method that will work for you, you might want to learn more about neurobiological integration benefits.
What Is Neurobiological Integration?
NBI is a treatment approach developed by Dr. Krista Roybal that is centered on the critical importance of the human nervous system and its role in communicating between the mind and body. In order to achieve mental and physical wellness, the nervous system must be properly regulated so that it can perform its functions correctly. This may seem like common sense, but much of traditional mental health treatment focuses on treating and reducing the severity of symptoms rather than helping the whole patient reach a state of wellness.
The 5 Benefits of Neurobiological Integration
- NBI is designed to discover and address the root causes of illness. This differs from treatment approaches that focus solely on the treatment of symptoms. Through this process, patients can achieve healing that is more lasting and not as dependent on circumstances.
- NBI allows space for a wide variety of treatments and therapies, making it appropriate for almost any patient. Patients are unique individuals who require an individualized approach to their health; NBI looks at each patient to learn what is happening with their mental and physical health rather than applying a set standard of methods.
- NBI addresses mental as well as physical health, including the ways in which mental distress can manifest in the physical body. This can be immensely helpful for patients who are experiencing both physical and mental distress.
- NBI can easily be done in an intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization program setting. This eliminates the need for patients to be away from their homes and loved ones for treatment. Since having a strong support network is crucial to mental wellness, this can be a major benefit.
- NBI allows patients to gain a greater personal understanding of their own root causes of illness, as well as giving them the skills and techniques they will need to help them maintain that wellness over time. Patients and caregivers work together to find the best approaches to treatment, which empowers patients to participate in their own healing process.
True Life Center Offers the Neurobiological Integration Treatment Approach
Our founder, Dr. Krista Roybal, has pioneered this unique and patient-centered approach to mental health treatment and we are proud to offer it to our patients at our treatment center in San Diego, California. We offer intensive outpatient/partial hospitalization programs that let our patients access the treatment they need while still being able to return home in the evenings. At True Life Center, we believe strongly in root cause medicine that attempts to discover the foundations of illness rather than simply relieves symptoms. This allows our patients to achieve lasting health in both mind and body.
If you or someone you care about has been struggling with mental health issues and looking for a treatment method that will really work, reach out to us today at 866.420.1792 and speak to one of our caring and professional staff members about your options.