Millions of Americans live with anxiety-related conditions, but panic disorder is one of the most debilitating. It is not uncommon for people with anxiety to have a panic attack once or twice, but if those panic attacks happen frequently or are the primary way that anxiety manifests itself, that might be a symptom of panic disorder. If you or someone you care about are seeking panic disorder treatment in California, you might have a lot of questions about what can be done to reduce the frequency and severity of panic attacks. You might even have questions about what panic disorder is and the best ways to treat it. The most important thing to know is that panic disorder can be treated and managed and that people living with panic disorder can improve and live full and happy lives.
What Is Panic Disorder?
Panic disorder is a condition in which a person has frequent, severe panic attacks that cannot be explained by the presence of any other conditions or medications. Panic attacks are episodes of overwhelming fear or anxiety that occur even though there is no particular threat or situation to provoke those feelings, and last anywhere from minutes to hours. Panic attacks can be more than just emotional feelings, though. Sometimes, the person may even think they are having a heart attack or some other serious physical event.
The 5 Benefits of Panic Disorder Treatment
There are many panic disorder treatment benefits, even beyond the most obvious one–getting relief from panic attacks. Here are the five most important benefits of panic disorder treatment:
- Learning more about the disorder can help you feel better, and part of treatment is educating yourself and your loved ones.
- Panic disorder can be highly disruptive to normal daily life activities. Getting treatment can help you return to activities you previously enjoyed.
- Mental health is a team effort. Treatment for panic disorder will help connect you to people who can help you manage your condition, as well as encourage you to develop a healthy and strong support system that will help you as you move forward.
- Your quality of life is important, and receiving treatment for panic disorder can help you live the kind of life you want and deserve.
- Like any other skill, coping mechanisms need to be developed. During treatment for panic disorder, you will learn skills and techniques that you can start using right away to lessen the impact of panic attacks.
What Kinds of Treatment Are Helpful For People Living With Panic Disorder?
Treatment for panic disorder uses some familiar types of therapy which are often used for people with different mental health conditions. However, every person’s treatment will be unique, because every person’s circumstances are unique. Some common types of treatment for panic disorder may include:
- Counseling and talk therapy
- Exposure therapy
- Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral Therapies
- Group therapy
- Medications prescribed by a psychiatric care professional
- Family therapy
True Life Center Can Help You Heal From Panic Disorder
At True Life Center we are committed to healing the whole person, not just dealing with symptoms. Our unique, holistic approach to patient care makes us stand out among treatment programs in California. Our integrated outpatient programs allow our patients to receive intensive treatment in our calming and luxurious treatment center while still returning to the comfort of their own homes each night. If you or someone you care about is living with panic disorder, don’t wait. Reach out to our caring and highly trained staff today at 866.420.1792 and let us help you reconnect with all the parts of your life that you love.